Friday, June 25, 2010

Adler's Pear My Way

Who doesn't love Jonathan Adler? I mean seriously. He's great. And I will admit that 
I don't know a whole lot about him, I've been busy changing diapers, but somewhere 
this pillow popped up and spoke to me. I love pears. I love pillows. Yum. And the 
best part - I knew I'd eventually be able to figure out a way to have it - even I had 
to make it myself.


So I did. :)

Have I mentioned how much I am in love with appliques? SO IN LOVE!  
I'm having the best time - pepito is slowly losing plain white onesies every day.  
I don't have wonder under so I'm using interfacing, but as long as I throw a couple 
pins in it to get started, it's working pretty well.


I love that the pear isn't solid - the trellis is one of my most favorite fabrics ever - but 
never made it into the living room officially in a big way, so it's nice having just 
a touch of it.  And the best part - it was totally free - made with scraps and remnants I 
had lying around!! Gotta love that! Much better than $98, even if JA's is wool and
perfect... It only took maybe 30-45 minutes start to finish - this is also making it on the 
Chrismtas Gift List of possibilities!! Oh the combinations!!!


The only problem is that I don't have any of the cream fabric left over to make a pair, 
I really wanted a lemon pillow for the other chair, so I guess it will have to eventually 
move to the sofa. No big deal - but I'm pretty sure that means I am one pillow short.  
Have to think that one over. In the mean time - I'm tickled pink with how easy and 
happy this one pear makes me!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love it that is all;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails