She had found the 18" forms at PB Outlet at a super price, and has a bolster at work that she loves, so picked one of those up too. But when she went to get the fabric - they only had about 32" of the plaid. So...we weren't going to be able to do both pillows out of only the plaid. No biggie - we have that gorgeous checked chenille we could pair with it.
Originally, we were thinking to do one and one but then J suggested using both fabrics on both 18s. Brilliant - and yes, I am embarrassed to say I didn't think of it first... Y'know - as long as someone is brilliant - it doesn't matter.
So, with no baby to interrupt, I cut the fabric, hemmed, made button holes, pinned, sewed, made the covered buttons (which was no small feat with upholstery weight fabric), sewed on the buttons, and fluffed. Love love love. And so so easy!!!
I'm not gonna lie, the bolster pillow scared me. Sewing in circles - ahh!! But I am happy to report that I only had to rip half of a seam because I put the envelope flaps backward and my first try is a smashing success. J loves it!
Now, on to the crib bumpers and skirt. Ridiculously excited about this nursery and kinda wanting to completely redo pepito's...just saying. ;)